Here’s a review and expansion of the tips and techniques I go over in my workshop.
- Work with a wet and clean brush. Clean your brush between pigments.
- Test the value (light an darkness) of your pigment
- 50/50 rule. You are painting with pigment and water equally!
- Don’t panic! Your paper towel can lift over saturated pigments.
- Mix opposite colors on the color wheel to neutralize the color.
- Wet on wet fun! Make the paper wet first and then paint in the wet or wet paint for cool effects.
- Watercolor always follow water. Paint a path with water and the pigment will only follow the water.