Collaborative Art: How Do We Fit Together?
Duration: 2 hours
Price: $39 for each person up to 8 people. $29 each up to 16 people. $23 each above 16 people. 4 person minimum for teams.
All materials are included to create a complete collaborative art piece.
Sign Up: Contact Marika at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin
Why A Collaborative Art Piece?
This activity is designed to help you personally integrate and share your inspiration and learning with your team through an artistic, open and safe process. As a result, your team will create a complete collaborative artwork that will be professionally finished for display in your offices.
Here are some benefits of art-making and to your team
- It is a nonverbal mode of communication and expression that encourages creativity.
- It’s a form of relaxation, relieves stress, increases personal morale and a mood booster.
- Increases brain connectivity and plasticity.
- Improves your sense of self and provides a sense of accomplishment.
- It allows your team to consciously practice a growth mindset.
A Growth Mindset & Safe Space
The enemy of creativity and a growth mindset is fear and shame. The objective of this activity is to play and discover your sometimes shy and skittish creative self and create a team mindset to nurture creativity.
Key learning opportunities and takeaways from this workshop:
- Mistakes are opportunities to learn and grow and make even better art. We love mistakes, trust them and learn to love them.
- Commit to imperfection. There is no such thing as perfection in art.
- Play & Enjoy the process. The product will follow.
- Trust Yourself. You are your own guru in art and life.
- Discomfort is working at your learning edge. If you are uncomfortable, embrace this as an opportunity to explore why and learn more about yourself.
- Ask for feedback. If you have a goal or vision and are frustrated – ask for guidance.
- Share what you are learning. About watercolor, color, insights and your own creative process.
- Get curious! Ask questions, lots of questions.