There is no better way to capture your sentiments than in a special painting made just for you or a loved one.
I love the privilege and challenge of creating a painting especially for you. It is one of my favorite things to do. I have successfully painted and designed multi-painting projects for interior design projects and special paintings representing your amazing stories. I welcome the opportunity to create one for you.
Prices are based on size, complexity and medium. Watercolors are smaller but need framing. Acrylics mostly cost more because they can be larger larger but don’t necessarily need framing, it is up to you. Sizes can vary as does the price. I will be more specific about a price once I know more about your needs.
- Contact me at [email protected] to let me know your interest and we will schedule a meeting.
- Once I have a sense of your needs, at that time, I can usually estimate the price for a painting. If the commission is unusual in some way, I may need a day or two to estimate the cost.
- If you agree to the terms, then I will draft an agreement which will include the idea for the painting, size and medium, payment agreement, approximate time (in hours) for completion, and delivery agreement. You may review and approve via email or in person.
- Before I begin to sketch out the painting, I will need a non-refundable deposit of 1/4 to 1/3 the final price of the painting.
- This is a collaboration, upon receiving the sketch, you provide feedback and thoughts and I will update the sketch.
- Once I have your approval of the sketch, I will estimate a completion date and begin painting. If the final painting is estimated $500 or over then I will need a further deposit of 1/4 – 1/3 of the final price of the painting. (I will not be able to estimate a completion date until you have approved the sketch.)
- If you would like, I will update you with progress photos as I paint or you can be surprised.
- Upon completion, the remaining money is due and upon receipt, I will drop off the painting to you, mail it to you or you can meet me at my studio for pick up.
I’m looking forward to discussing a collaboration with you. Uniquely depicting your story is an exciting opportunity to create a painting that expresses you!
Here is what one client said about a recent commission –
“I have to say -I got it home and read the thing (story card) and looked at the painting and cried a good little cry. It is perfect. You did an amazing job and I love it.” Kirsten Johnson regarding Follow Your Heart commission.