Contact me to schedule private parties for friends and family at my location or yours.
This is a perfect project for beginners and experienced artists. With my low-risk and high success process, you will create a necklace you love regardless of experience.
We will cover basic watercolor techniques, composition, color schemes and developing trust in your creative wisdom. In my relaxed and comfortable studio, we will play with professional quality watercolor and materials to tap your intuition and creativity while exploring shapes and possibility.
The majority of time will focus on painting with lots of times for experimenting, one-on-one guidance, questions, and answers.You will have the opportunity to try different ideas and designs before picking the one that you like the best. Like my necklaces, your pendant(s) will be unique to you.
You will surprise yourself with what you can do!
Duration: 3 hours
Price: $39 for each person. 4 person minimum for private parties. Return artists who bring a friend pay only $19.
All professional materials are included to create one watercolor necklace per participant.
Additional Materials: Additional pendants are $9 each, sterling silver bails are an additional $5.
See the Student Gallery for some awesome work from previous workshops.
Collaborative Art: How Do We Fit Together?
Duration: 2 hours
Price: $39 for each person up to 8 people. $29 each up to 16 people. $23 each above 16 people. 4 person minimum for teams.
All materials are included to create a complete collaborative art piece.
Sign Up: Contact Marika at email@example.com to begin
Why A Collaborative Art Piece?
This activity is designed to help you personally integrate and share your inspiration and learning with your team through an artistic, open and safe process. As a result, your team will create a complete collaborative artwork that will be professionally finished for display in your offices.
Here are some benefits of art-making and to your team
- It is a nonverbal mode of communication and expression that encourages creativity.
- It’s a form of relaxation, relieves stress, increases personal morale and a mood booster.
- Increases brain connectivity and plasticity.
- Improves your sense of self and provides a sense of accomplishment.
- It allows your team to consciously practice a growth mindset.
A Growth Mindset & Safe Space
The enemy of creativity and a growth mindset is fear and shame. The objective of this activity is to play and discover your sometimes shy and skittish creative self and create a team mindset to nurture creativity. Remember:
- Mistakes are opportunities to learn and grow and make even better art. We love mistakes, trust them and learn to love them.
- Commit to imperfection. There is no such thing as perfection in art.
- Play & Enjoy the process. The product will follow.
- Trust Yourself. You are your own guru in art and life.
- Discomfort is working at your learning edge. If you are uncomfortable, embrace this as an opportunity to explore why and learn more about yourself.
- Ask for feedback. If you have a goal or vision and are frustrated – ask for guidance.
- Share what you are learning. About watercolor, color, insights and your own creative process.
- Get curious! Ask questions, lots of questions.