Contact me to schedule private parties for friends and family at my location or yours.
Watercolor Necklace Workshop
- Connect to your creative wisdom and intuition to create art and jewelry you love.
- Discover something new about yourself in the process.
- Have fun and create some awesome memories with new and old friends.
Duration: 3 hours
Price: $39 for each person. 4 person minimum for private parties. Return artists who bring a friend pay only $19.
All materials are included to create one watercolor necklace per participant.
Additional Materials: Additional pendants are $9 each, sterling silver bails are an additional $5.
See the Student Gallery for some awesome work from previous workshops.
Collaborative Art: How Do We Fit Together?
Duration: 2 hours
Price: $39 for each person up to 8 people. $29 each up to 16 people. $23 each above 16 people. 4 person minimum for teams.
All materials are included to create a complete collaborative art piece.
Sign Up: Contact Marika at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin
Why A Collaborative Art Piece?
This activity is designed to help you personally integrate and share your inspiration and learning with your team through an artistic, open and safe process. As a result, your team will create a complete collaborative artwork that will be professionally finished for display in your offices.
Here are some benefits of art-making and to your team
- It is a nonverbal mode of communication and expression that encourages creativity.
- It’s a form of relaxation, relieves stress, increases personal morale and a mood booster.
- Increases brain connectivity and plasticity.
- Improves your sense of self and provides a sense of accomplishment.
- It allows your team to consciously practice a growth mindset.
A Growth Mindset & Safe Space
The enemy of creativity and a growth mindset is fear and shame. The objective of this activity is to play and discover your sometimes shy and skittish creative self and create a team mindset to nurture creativity. Remember:
- Mistakes are opportunities to learn and grow and make even better art. We love mistakes, trust them and learn to love them.
- Commit to imperfection. There is no such thing as perfection in art.
- Play & Enjoy the process. The product will follow.
- Trust Yourself. You are your own guru in art and life.
- Discomfort is working at your learning edge. If you are uncomfortable, embrace this as an opportunity to explore why and learn more about yourself.
- Ask for feedback. If you have a goal or vision and are frustrated – ask for guidance.
- Share what you are learning. About watercolor, color, insights and your own creative process.
- Get curious! Ask questions, lots of questions.